High Altitude Biscuits
Perfect biscuits for anyone who lives in a high altitude location.
Servings: 6 Biscuits
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/4 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 3/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1 stick Butter, cold
- 1 1/2 Cups Buttermilk You may also use half a lemon to curdle the same amount of cold milk
1) Preheat oven to 425 F and prepare a sheet tray with parchment.
2) Measure out buttermilk or make your own buttermilk with the same amount of cold milk and the juice of half a lemon.
3) Scale-out flour, baking powder, and salt. Work in butter to pea-size pieces. I like to do all of this in my KitchenAid mixer. It makes it so easy! Simply just throw in all the dry ingredients and mix them together with the beater attachment. Lastly, add in the buttermilk and mix just until combined!
4) Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm as a breakfast sandwich or with butter and honey.