Welcome back, everyone. If you are new to the blog hello and welcome! I am glad that you have found your way to my blog and I hope that you stay awhile. ???? Today we are going to be discussing something I think that is much needed in this hot weather that we are experienced right now. This is truly one of my favorite watermelon drinks to make at home because for one it is still easy to make but also provides that little bit of extra flavor that I think everyone is looking for from time to time. Especially on a Friday, right??!
We are talking about a Watermelon Refresher and refreshing it is indeed! I can never eat all of the watermelons before they go bad in my fridge so I usually opt to juice half and eat the other half. I love my juicer that I was gifted a while back and if I run into a recipe that allows me to use it I am all for it! I also love how there really isn’t a lot of fiber in watermelon and it mostly made up of juice or water. By juicing it, you aren’t losing a lot of the fiber that you get from most fruits.
I also find it kind of fun to see how much “juice” comes out of different fruits by juicing. But before this post becomes an ad for my juicer LOL lets start talking about why I love making this drink.
I love watermelon refreshers because they are well, really refreshing if that wasn’t obvious. My recipe is also easy to make and can be made either with alcohol or without. I like to add a bit of a kick to my recipe that I personally really appreciate. This drink reminds me of a cucumber margarita that I had at a Mexican restaurant near downtown Denver. If it wasn’t so far away from my house, I would go to that restaurant all the time.
Watermelon is naturally rich in potassium and electrolytes which is great for a summer day when you are dehydrated and ready to wind down from the long week. Finally, as I said before this recipe makes a good amount of “mixer” so what I like to do is save the watermelon juice in a mason jar and use it throughout the week. Let’s get right into this recipe and I hope you enjoy. This is my juicer and I love it! ⤵️⤵️
- Cutting Board
- Cocktail Shaker
- A glass
- 1/2 Chilled Watermelon, juiced
- 2 Lime, juiced
- 1 Habanero pepper, diced You could also take it up a notch and infused your choice of spirits with habanero pepper!
- Plenty of ice
- to taste Simple Syrup
- 2 oz. Tequila, rum or your choice of spirits
- 1 Bunch Cilantro, juiced
- Begin by juicing all of your fruit and vegetables into the same pitcher and set aside. Prepare your glasses by running your lime along the rim of the glass and then dipping it into the salt. This step is completely optional if you do not like salt!
- Add in simple syrup to taste as well as a finely diced habanero. I really love the smoky taste of habanero but you can, of course, replace it with jalapeno or another pepper that you prefer. You could also take this drink a step further and infused your alcohol with your choice of spicy pepper. Place alcohol, ice, simple syrup and enough watermelon mix to cover the ice in a shaker and shake to combine. Pour into a glass and then finish off with seltzer water. Drink and enjoy! You may place the watermelon mixture in your fridge to enjoy throughout the week.