Hello everyone and welcome back to another blog post! This week we are discussing a wonderfully refreshing honey lemonade recipe that is easy to make and super tasty! I love to include drink options on the blog in case one of my readers decides to host an event or throw a party where they may need drink options. Also, it’s just fun and I personally love homemade lemonade. I don’t make it enough but now that I have a juicer maybe I will have to make lemonade at home more often.
People are always so impressed when you make something from scratch. I was standing in line at Kohl’s this past weekend buying ramekins for one of my future blog posts and the lady checking me out made a comment about how she didn’t even know how she would use the ramekins I was buying. I explained to her that I was planning on making a souffle in mine and she just looked at me like I was crazy. I might as well had said that I was planning on baking a pot of gold in those ramekins by the way she looked at me.
[bctt tweet=”I might as well had said that I was planning on baking a pot of gold in those ramekins by the way she looked at me. ” via=”no”]But what most people don’t know is that it is not that hard! I love enjoying a nice refreshing beverage after a long day of work or perhaps while we walk over to the garden on the weekend. I also experimented with adding a splash of coconut liquor which blended surprisingly well with the lemonade recipe. I decided to make the lemonade like a tonic base and then add some sparkling water to top the drink off. You may also muddle a sprig of mint or throw in a shot of your favorite liquor or hard alcohol. I bet gin would add a fun twist to this classic summer drink as well! Of course, lemonade on its own is always a special treat that is fun to drink as well. I can’t wait to have my own citrus trees in my backyard because then I will have a plethora of lemons to use!
What did you guys think of this lemonade recipe? Let me know in the comments and also let me know what kind of drink recipes you would like to see in the future. As always make sure to share this recipe with your friends and show me how you made this recipe your own by using #mydailyknead on Instagram!
Sparkling Honey Lemonade
- 10 Lemons, juiced
- 1/4 Cup Honey, or to taste
- 1 oz. Liquor or hard alcohol I think Gin as well as any Coconut Liquor would be lovely in this recipe.
- 1 Sprig Mint, muddled
- 4 Cups Water
- Splash Sparkling Water
- 1) First, juice your lemons straight into a pitcher and discard peel.
- 2) Spray measuring cup with cooking spray before measuring out honey. Pour honey into a pitcher and mix to fully combine. We do not want any honey sticking to the bottom.
- 3) You would muddle your mint at this point if you chose to add mint to your lemonade. Pour in uncarbonated water into the pitcher as well. Prepare your glass by adding your choice of alcohol with ice. Pour lemonade into the glass and then top with seltzer and enjoy!