Hello everyone and welcome back to another blog post! I hope everyone had a great start to the week and are enjoying the holiday season! Today we are going to be discussing a wonderful hot chocolate recipe that I have personally used for years. I really want to post more on the blog this year so I have decided to add an extra blog post on Tuesdays. From now on I will always post on Tuesdays and Fridays at 10 am Mountain Standard time so that is exciting! I created a whole list of posts that I want to complete this year which is super exciting but also rather daunting lol.
I posted a poll on my Facebook page last week asking what my readers would like to see on the blog this year and it looks like cake won the poll. So I made sure to throw in a good amount of cake recipes and full cake tutorials for you guys! If you haven’t checked out my Facebook I will leave a link HERE. I am really trying to grow that page so if you would like to follow me I would appreciate it!
I always made this recipe during my high school days when I wanted something warm to drink and I am excited to share it with you today! I spiced the recipe up a bit by adding whipped cream to the top with a dash of cinnamon. I always love cinnamon in hot chocolate, I think it compliments the chocolate really well and makes the drink even cozier. ☕This drink definitely came in handy this past week when the temperature in Denver dropped to almost 0 degrees with a wind chill of -20. Charles and I were running around our apartment shoving cotton balls in the window gaps because the temperature wouldn’t go above 63 degrees.
This recipe is enough for two people but it is easily scaled up or down depending on how many friends or family want hot chocolate! I will also leave some variations below if you are interested!
Affiliate links may be present in this blog post. Check out my favorite way to shop online. Hint- you get cashback at almost all online retailers for just signing up on this website. Why not get paid for shopping? Click to find out what I am talking about here!
I just found this awesome site on Etsy to score an awesome deal on whole vanilla beans. Check it out here!
– 3 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
My Favorite Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 3 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar or Honey
- 1/4 Tsp. salt
- Splash of Vanilla
- A few shakes of cinnamon
- 2 Cups Milk You may use any kind you would like! I prefer almond milk and it works well in this recipe
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Measure out your dry ingredients and place in a bowl; whisk together Tip: mixing your cocoa powder with the sugar in this recipe will prevent clumps from forming in your cocoa!
- Measure milk into a pot and place over the burner on medium heat. Carefully watch your milk as it has a tendeny to boil over right when you turn your back. Once your milk has begun a consistent simmer, remove from heat and whisk in dry ingredients with a dash of vanilla extract.
- Pour the cold whipping cream into a bowl of a Kitchenaid or hand mixer and begin whipping at high speed. Rain in 1 tablespoon of sugar or honey and whip to a stiff peak. Fill a piping bag fitted with a large star/round tip with the whipped cream and pipe onto hot cocoa. Finish off your decadent treat by applying a dusting of cinnamon or cocoa! Enjoy immediately.