So chocolate pot de creme is basically like adult chocolate pudding, right? Hey guys and welcome back to the blog! Today, we are going to be making some awesome adult chocolate pudding or Chocolate Pot de Crème whatever you would like to call it!
I really love pretty much all things chocolate. I am one of those people that can eat chocolate until I am sick, and I never really liked the gummy/chewy candy that you get in your trick or treat bag. I love this recipe because it seriously packs a chocolate punch to your taste buds, and it is rich and creamy without being too unhealthy (sort of). I noticed that a lot of the pot de crème recipes online used straight heavy cream which I find to be kind of gross.
I almost never have heavy cream on hand, so I decided to try out making a pot de crème with just whole milk and it worked out beautifully and it thickened up perfectly! The key is to use high-end chocolate in your pot de crème to make them amazing. If you are wondering where the chocolate is in this picture, it is under this heavenly coconut crème that I made for the tops of the pot de crème. I love the flavor of coconut with chocolate, but you could also use whipped cream to garnish your pot de cremes. Finally, I topped each pot de crème with a dash of cinnamon to give it an extra bit of flare.
As a lot of my recipes are this one isn’t too hard to make, and it requires some basic ingredients that I feel that most of us will keep stocked in our pantry. You keep couverture chocolate stocked in your pantry, right? No? Just me? Hmm, oh well. ????
I know it is the Halloween season and I tried to bring through a spookiness in these photos using some orange and black tones. What do you guys think? Was I successful? I hope so! I got a couple of new backdrops for photoshoots and I really love how this one came through in the photos! It reminds me of a countertop you might find in an old abandoned hotel.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and make sure as always to do all the things- like, share, and comment. Make sure to follow me over on Instagram to see some more spooky images!
Chocolate Pot de Creme With Coconut Cream
- heavy bottom pot
- Kitchenaid Mixer
- wooden spoon
- 10 Oz. Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 5 Cups Whole Milk
- 9 Egg yolks
- 8 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp Sea salt
- 1 Can Coconut cream or full-fat coconut milk chilled
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla extract
- Begin by heating milk, half of the sugar, salt, and vanilla extract over medium heat until simmering. Place your chocolate into a large bowl and once your milk is ready, pour it over the chocolate and allow the chocolate to fully melt into the milk. Whisk the milk and chocolate together and then prepare your egg yolks by mixing the other half of sugar into the egg yolks. Gradually whisk in the hot milk until everything is combined.
- Transfer the milk mixture back to your pot and continue cooking over medium heat until the mixture coats the back of a spoon. I like to use a wooden spoon for this step. Once it has thickened, strain through a chinois. Pour or ladle into your desired containers and then cover in plastic wrap.
- Transfer your pot de creme's to your fridge to set, this should take around six hours. Once your pot de cremes are set and ready to eat, prepare your coconut cream. I have found that chilling your coconut cream is the best and easiest way to get a nice cream that will whip up properly. If you are using full fat coconut milk, make sure to fully chill it so that the fat separates from the liquid. Scoop out the fat and reserve the liquid for another purpose. Whip the coconut fat with the sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. When ready to serve, garnish you pot de cremes with a dollop of coconut cream and a dash of cinnamon. Enjoy!
Learn how easy it is to make your own vanilla extract!
Until next time happy baking and Happy Halloween!